Everything Bagel Potato Salad
By Debbie Adler
Everything Bagel Spice Mix
1 tablespoon hemp seeds
1 tablespoon chia seeds
½ tablespoon onion flakes
½ tablespoon dried garlic flakes
½ tablespoon caraway seeds
3 cups (about 36) small purple, red and white small potatoes
1 green onion, sliced both green and white parts
1 heirloom tomato, seeded and diced
1 cucumber, diced
3 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons spicy mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon coconut nectar (or maple syrup)
1) To make the everything bagel spice mix: Add the hemp seeds, chia seeds, onion flakes, and garlic flakes to a small bowl and toss to combine.
2) To make the potato salad: Add the potatoes to a small pot of boiling water over high heat. Lower the heat and simmer until the potatoes are fork tender. Drain the potatoes and let cool. Then cut them into quarters.
3) Add the cooled potatoes, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, capers, and dill to a large bowl and toss to combine.
4) To make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, garlic, coconut nectar and lemon juice to a small bowl. Add to the potato salad and toss to combine.
5) To make the everything bagel spice mix: Add the hemp seeds, chia seeds, onion flakes, garlic flakes and caraway seeds to a small bowl and toss to combine. Add them to the potato salad and stir to combine.